Anticoagulation Clinic Services in Mesa, AZ
- Posted on: Sep 15 2019
At Cardiovascular Associates of Mesa, patients in the Mesa, AZ community who are on anticoagulation medications are continually evaluated to determine if adjustments are necessary. This is just one of many services provided in our practice.
What services are provided?
At our anticoagulation clinic, we offer the following services to our existing patients, and can start care for new patients with an initial evaluation. Services provided include:
- Evaluation of a patient’s current medications to ensure no conflict occur
- Evaluation of a patient’s overall medical and health history
- Education about anticoagulants
- Discussion about appropriate treatment plans based on the individual’s health and specific needs
- Recommendations for improving nutrition and lifestyle
- Medication management and adjustment as needed
- Lab monitoring to ensure the levels of current medication are effective
- Evaluation of any changes in medicine or diet which can impact one’s therapy
- Review of patient adherence to medication management and interventions as needed
What medications are commonly used in the anticoagulation clinic?
There are many medications that may be used by our patients to manage their conditions. The most common medication prescribed in our facility include:
There are times when patients may be on a certain pharmaceutical that is causing unwanted side effects. No two medications are the same, and each medication affects others differently. We encourage our patients who are currently unhappy with their medication management to contact our practice for an evaluation and to discuss possible alternatives that may better suit their lifestyle. We do our best to manage medications in a way that reduces the side effects and helps patients feel their best while maintaining their heart health. Patients with any concerns should work with our providers and cardiovascular doctors to decide the best treatment modality for their needs.
Learn more about anticoagulation clinic services at Cardiovascular Associates of Mesa
Mesa, AZ patients who are interested in learning more about all the services offered at our practice are encouraged to book an appointment with one of our experienced cardiologists. Call (480) 641-5400 and visit the practice at 6116 East Arbor Avenue.
Posted in: Coumadin Clinic